AIMS: This course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of loading and unloading machinery and plant onto vehicles before transportation. It provides training as referred to in the laws relating to health and safety and work equipment, enabling employers and employees to fulfil their legal obligations.
- Employer’s and Employee’s legal responsibilities
- Types and suitability of vehicles
- Trailers and towing
- Inspection of vehicles/trailers
- Weight limitations and definitions
- Risk Assessments
- Position of load on vehicle and axle loadings
- Load height and projections
- Types and use of securing equipment
BY THE END OF THE COURSE delegates will be able to load and unload plant safely and also secure loads safely.
half day (up to 5 delegates)