AIMS: The object of this course is to help employees appreciate the risks and problems associated with working areas where asbestos may be present.
- Health & Safety risks of asbestos
- Personal Protective Equipment care and use
- Anticipation of asbestos problems
- Identification of possible asbestos content in various materials
- Probable location of hidden asbestos material
- Handling of possible asbestos materials
- Requirements for positive or negative identification
- Isolation of possible exposed areas
- Requirements for licensed removal experts
- Disposal of waste products
BY THE END OF THE COURSE delegates will have a understanding of the dangers of asbestos, and what precautions and procedures to follow when coming into contact with asbestos, creating a safer environment.
half day (up to 5 delegates)